The Student News Site of Rice Memorial High School

The Knight's Banner

The Knight's Banner

The Knight's Banner

This Week In Sports – Nail-Biting Games All Around

Allison Roy carried the ball up the field while Rice was down by one goal. (Photo/Lucas Parisi)

Megan Marroquin started off the week for girl’s soccer immediately scoring off of a free kick. South Burlington evened the score sending the girls into overtime. Minutes into overtime, Evey Slavik scored, leading Rice to a 2-1 win.

Boys’ soccer battled with South Burlington as well the next day. Wilfred St. Francis brought the boys closer in the second half scoring a goal to South Burlington’s two. However, they were unable to secure the win.

Girls’ soccer went into their second overtime of the week on Wednesday, September 13th, against Burlington High School. After being down by one in the second half, Reese Tourville scored a goal off of a corner kick. Overtime turned into double overtime. With both teams unable to score another goal, the game ended in a tie.

Field hockey broke Champlain Valley Union High School’s undefeated streak on Thursday, September 14th. They came back from being down 0-1 in the second quarter with a goal by Eliza Fischer. Emeri Rasco secured the win with another goal in the third quarter. Both girls started field hockey this year.

Along with these close games girl’s field hockey beat Mount Abe 6-2 on Tuesday, September 12, girls’ volleyball beat Harwood 3-0 on Thursday, September 14, and boy’s volleyball beat BFA St. Albans 3-0 on Thursday, September 14.

View Comments (1)