The Student News Site of Rice Memorial High School

The Knight's Banner

The Knight's Banner

The Knight's Banner

Moving On
February 6, 2024
Bessette dunking at Patrick Gym during a game against Brattleboro. (Photo/Drew Bessette)
Bessette Commits to UVM
December 10, 2023

Time to Go Into the Woods!

The cast of Into the Woods at a rehearsal. (Photo/Moorea Lambert)

It’s that time of year again! The music department’s spring musical is happening next week.

This year, they are performing Stephen Sondheim’s classic, Into the Woods.

“It’s a combination of different fairytale stories kind of meshed into one big story. We get to see a glimpse into each character’s lives and the problems and lessons they face along the way,” said junior Lili Diemer, who plays Cinderella.

She continued, “As the story goes on, the story starts to get more twisted and unexpected. Even as a member of the show, sometimes I’m still surprised to see where the story ends up going, which makes it even more exciting to watch!”

One of the 10 posters for the show. (Photo/Lauren McCabe)

This is not the first time Rice has planned to put on this musical. In 2020, the production was shut down due to the pandemic the week of the performances. That is why the goal for this production is to #reversethecurse.

“Everyone has been working really hard for the show,” said sophomore Markus Hammer, who plays Jack. “And it is great for all ages.”

From left to right Connor Trombly (Baker), Markus Hammer (Jack), and Moorea Lambert (Baker’s Wife) at rehearsal performing the opening. (Photo/Kate Trombly)

Thanks to a generous donation, tickets for Rice students are free!

“We love it when students come and support,” senior Gabby Allbee, who plays the Narrator, said. “That is when the cast has the most energy.”

The show will be performed on the Christ the King Stage on March 15th and 16th at 7 pm and a matinee performance on March 17th at 2 pm.

Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for senior citizens, and free for children under 10.

Come and help them reverse the curse!